I’ve probably made these 10 times, and they always come out perfectly. Today they’re extra special, because I made them for John’s birthday! Birthday brownie love.
It seems like I always have the ingredients handy for these, so it’s tough not to make them every week! I don’t think my waistline would appreciate it though…
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tablespoon vanilla
1. Preheat Oven to 390 degrees.
2. Melt butter in pot on stovetop.
3. Remove butter from heat, let cool about a minute, then add sugars (simply use the pot as your bowl). Mix well.
4. Add eggs, flour, cocoa, salt, and generous tablespoon-splash of vanilla, and mix well.
5. Line an 8″ square baking dish with parchment paper, pour in batter, and pop in oven.
6. Bake 20-25 minutes. Then test with a knife in the center, and remove when only a few little crumbs cling to the knife.
7. Cool one hour or overnight.